LIBRARY AND MULTILINGUAL LAB:-
College has a well-equipped central Library where thousands of books on various subjects are available apart from research journals, magazines, theses newsletters and daily newspapers. Students and faculty members regularly visit library for academic purposes. Moreover a multilingual lab has also been established in the college which is beneficial for academic and research purposes.
One of the assets of Government Post Graduate College Mansehra is its Central Library. It is one of the oldest libraries in the Hazara region. The library is located on the main road of the campus which is accessible on equal distance from all the departments as well as hostels of the college. The building consists of two big halls and one adjacent rooms.
Regular staff and students of the college are eligible for membership. All postgraduate students, researchers can avail reading facility during office hours within the library premises.
10 books to the faculty members are allowed to be issued from the library, which can be retained for three months. Every faculty member has to clear his page before the summer vacation every year.
Students of BS Classes can borrow 5 books.
An intermediate student can borrow 3 books at the most.
The students can retain the books for 2 weeks, which can be renewed for a further period of 2 weeks, if so presented on the due date.
General and textbooks are issued on first come first serve basis.
Library members will submit any book(s) or other material, whenever asked by the library staff.
Do not write, underline or mark any book(s). Library book(s) are carefully examined on return and the borrower will be held responsible for any kind of damage.
Reference material, CD-ROMs, (original) periodicals, and newspapers will not be issued. They can only be consulted within the library premises.
Clearance from library is must both for students and staff members, who intend to leave the college.
Monday to Saturday = 8:00 am to 02:00 pm
- Silence should be observed in the library.
- Mobiles should be kept off.
- Leave your personal belongings such as personal books, bags, and purses etc at the reception counter of the library on your own responsibility. The library
- disclaims any liability for loss or damage.
- Seats in the library cannot be reserved.
- Eating and smoking etc are strictly prohibited within the library premises.
- Any student/library member if caught mutilating or stealing library materials will be referred to the Disciplinary Committee and membership will be suspended till decision. If a student/library member continues this act, his/her membership will be permanently canceled.
- Library staff can ask anyone causing disturbance.